Teknofibra is a unique material composed by a special surface of embossed aluminium, an exclusive material derived from carbon fibre with very high insulating properties, and a specially developed adhesive layer that increase its strength with temperature.
Teknofibra® is a very lightweight material, heat reflecting, heat absorbing, sound absorbing fabric. The top aluminum layer reflects heat, whilst the material layer insulates against extreme heat. The self adhesive backing is capable of withstanding 250°C.
The sheet can easily be cut to size and shape with sharp scissors. Sheet size is 1000mm x 600mm.
A test with an 800°C heat source 2mm away from the installed Teknofibra® blanket resulted in the heat transmitted to the rear side at 20°C!
The main applications of Teknofibra in racing cars are:
- Protect the body and any other part near manifolds, exhaust pipes, turbo and other heat sources
- Used as barrier against heat and flames on the firewall between engine and cockpit
- Placed between the air box and the throttle body allowing the flow of cold air
- Applied on the fuel tank to keep fuel temperature lower
- Applied on oil tank and shock absorbers reservoir in close proximity to the exhaust pipes to help in keeping the gas and oil temperature more stable
- Teknofibra has excellent acoustic properties also.
- Self adhesive backing for simple installation
- Widely used Worldwide in aerospace and motorsport
- Thermal barrier will withstand heat up to 800°C
- High acoustic properties
- Very light weight @ 480g/m2
- Carbon thermal heat barrier
- High flexibility for easy fitment
- Sheet size: 1000mm x 600mm. 2mm thick
|Unit Of Measure||1|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other williamsraceservices users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.