Teknofibra® rigid heat shield was developed for protection from exhaust manifold & turbo temperatures or any surfaces in which may be direct contact with high temperature.
It features a more robust dimpled aluminium sheet over the standard Teknofibra heat shield, which gives a low heat transfer but a high lateral heat dissipation. As well as having the self adhesive feature it can also be formed into shapes.
Bodywork protected with Teknofibra Contact subjected to a heat source of 1000°C could expect an external retained temperature of only 56°C!
Sheet size is 620mm x 265mm.
The main applications of Teknofibra in racing cars are:
- Protect the body and any other part near manifolds, exhaust pipes, turbo and other heat sources
- Used as barrier against heat and flames on the firewall between engine and cockpit
- Placed between the air box and the throttle body allowing the flow of cold air
- Applied on the fuel tank to keep fuel temperature lower
- Applied on oil tank and shock absorbers reservoir in close proximity to the exhaust pipes to help in keeping the gas and oil temperature more stable
- Teknofibra has excellent acoustic properties also.
- Self adhesive backing for simple installation
- Widely used Worldwide in aerospace and motorsport
- High acoustic properties
- Weight @ 1910g/m2
- Carbon thermal heat barrier
- Sheet size: 620mm x 265mm. 3mm thick
|Unit Of Measure||1|